Sunday, January 5, 2014

Let's be Friends!

The kittens would frequently come together to eat. Sometimes during the day, but always in the evening sometime between 6 and 7. Duchess would show up in the evening along with the occasional Thomas. You never would know the cat combination. Could be the 2 kittens. Could be Duchess and Marie. Could be Toulouse and Thomas. Could be Duchess and Toulouse. Could be all 4. Could be just one.

I was determined to make friends with them. Towards the end of the summer, I would put tuna or wet cat food out for the cats at the evening meal time. I would sit and wait for them to come. I would move closer to the wet food dish each night and talk to the cats quietly. Toulouse was the friendliest or maybe just the hungriest cat. I could get really close, but not touch. Toulouse would take off if a hand approached!

Duchess and Toulouse

No comments:

Post a Comment