Sunday, January 19, 2014

Succsessful Trapping


Sunday morning the traps were reset. We kept close watch all day. By evening, we caught 2 cats. Thomas and Marie. I covered their cages with sheets. Covering the cages calms the cats. The trapper was called and she quickly arrived and took the cats to her house until it was time to go to the clinic.

The traps were closed for the night and reset on Monday morning. All was quiet during the day, but by 5:00 that afternoon, we caught Duchess and Toulouse. I covered their cages. The poor things banged against the doors of the traps trying to escape. It broke my heart! I had to keep telling myself it was for the best. The trapper came a few hours later to transport  them.  She promised me she would call with updates on all the cats.

I waited anxiously for news from the trapper. Finally the call came. Good news! All the surgeries went well and the cats were healthy. They tested negative for feline leukemia virus (FeLV)  and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and surprisingly, had no fleas. We got confirmation that Thomas was indeed a male, Marie was a female and Toulouse was not a male after all! A name change was in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment